Monday, June 3, 2013

Recipe: Awesome Iced Coffee in Just a Couple Minutes!

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure Summer is right around the corner. We had a pretty hot couple of days this past weekend in New York. Luckily, we escaped the heat and skipped off to Ocean City, Maryland for a quick weekend getaway. It was much cooler, but still warm enough to get a serious tan. Living by the ocean definitely has its perks, I can't wait to go again!

Anyway, today, I wanted to share with you my secret recipe to some awesome iced coffee. I swear, its perfect! With Summer just a few weeks away and the hot weather creeping up on us, there is no better and did I mention easier drink to make. It only takes 3, at most 5 ingredients and only a couple of minutes of your time. So are you ready? Please keep reading below.

I never liked instant coffee before I started doing this. It did take a few tries to get it just right, but I'm pretty sure its pretty darn good if Leo wakes up and asks for it every morning. It only takes a few ingredients and its probably something you already have in your pantry. As we all know, everyone does take their coffee differently, so please feel free to omit or add anything to your liking. Note, you will need a blender of some sort - we like to use something similar to the Ninja.
Awesome Iced Coffee
Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. water
1 1/2 T. instant coffee (You can use any kind, but our favorite is Bustelo)
6-8 large ice cubes (I just use the ones that our fridge makes, you can add more of less depending on the consistency that you are looking for)
Optional: sugar, half and half or milk

Keep in mind that this only makes enough for one large glass of cold, awesome, iced coffee. I usually like to put the first two ingredients into the cup and mix well. I then add about a tablespoon or more of sugar and stir again. Then, I walk over to the fridge and grab enough ice cubes to make the cup full. If you want a slushier consistency, I'd suggest that you add more ice. My recipe makes a sweetened and delicious iced coffee with enough slush to form a small cluster of crushed ice that floats to the top after blending. For my own coffee, I normally prefer a splash or so of half and half for its creaminess. I omit it when making Leo's as he not a fan of milk or cream in his coffee. Either way, both versions still tasted great and I, again, suggest that you tweak as needed as my recipe only serves as a great guideline to your perfect cup of iced coffee.

Anyway, when you have added all of the ingredients to your satisfaction, screw on the lid (I used the one with the 4 blades) tightly and get ready to blend. Depending on the power of your blender, it could take as little as 15-30 seconds. Please judge the power of your blender accordingly. After it is done, get ready to enjoy your own cup of awesome iced coffee.

Cheers! With much love from our kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment