Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Recipe: Soft, Medium & Hard Boiled Eggs

After a full weekend of eating junk, greasy foods and the latter, I've been trying to think of ways to detox and be healthier. Eating all of that junk really took its toll on my body and trust me, I'm still recouping as I type this.

Anyway, we have limited groceries in our fridge after coming back from our getaway and I couldn't think of anything better for breakfast than eggs. Seriously, I finally figured out how to make soft, medium and hard boiled eggs and it has never been easier. I didn't realize that I was actually doing it wrong all this time, but I finally figured out! No more shells stuck to the egg, no more tough membranes, this is it! If you are interested in eating eggs in a healthier way and learning how to make them, please keep reading below! I promise, this is fail proof and you'll love it!

Fill a pot with enough water to cover your eggs. DO NOT PLACE YOUR EGGS IN THE POT until the water is boiled. Once the water comes to a rolling boil, set your timer to the following:
  • soft boiled - 5 minutes
  • medium boiled - 8 minutes
  • hard boiled 11 minutes
Place your eggs one at time into the water and start the timer. While the eggs are cooking, fill a separate bowl full of water and add some ice cubes for an ice bath. As soon as the timer goes off, scoop the eggs out and place them into the ice bath to stop the cooking. Let it rest for a minute or two and then they are ready to be peeled. The shell should slip right off and depending on how long you cooked it, the yolk will either be runny, in between or hard boiled. I personally started boiling my eggs to avoid having them fried in oil instead. Just add a little bit of salt and a little bit of pepper, then you are ready to go. It's so healthy, so good and so easy to make!

Happy eating with much love from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment