Thursday, September 12, 2013

Updates: Wedding, Wedding Planning & Engagement Photo Shoot!

I probably have the world's worst track record of keeping up with my blog. It's seriously been over two months, no wait, THREE months since I've last posted. I can't express how sorry I am for not having kept up with this. To say the least, it's been a very hectic and busy last few months for us because of wedding planning. Totally not an excuse, I know. BUT! To make it up to you, here is a teaser of our engagement shoot that took place this past Monday at the True Love Wedding Studio and outdoors by the Brooklyn Bridge. Yes, this is a selfie of US after a long day of picture taking.

Anyway, to update you guys, we have gotten so much done for the wedding, but there remains so much more still to do. We've mailed out our invitations with just a few more left to go. We've booked our venue, our DJ and emcee, our photographers and videographers and transportation as well. We've been planning since June, not that much time (I know!), but we also have been working our very hardest to ensure that our big day will be perfect. I won't lie, there have been tears, more like hysterical crying, and it definitely has not been easy for the both of us. Wedding planning is as stressful as they say it is. I know, I've been told, don't stress the minor things, everything will fall into place. NOT SO! It won't get done, unless you do it yourself girlfriend! 

So, here is what our invitations look like. We ordered them from VistaPrint and they arrived pretty quickly. We love the design and everything about it. It's simple, clean and straight to the point - just like us. We've been told that its not fancy enough, that it doesn't look like a wedding invitation and that we should have used other colors, but guess what? If you knew us, you would know that this invitation has our names written all over it. Bottom line is, as long as we love it, that's all that matters. It comes to a point where you can't make everyone happy. Seriously.

Moving on, we took our engagement photos just this past Monday. Oh lord, it was SO MUCH FUN! Working with Tony from True Love Wedding Studio was so awesome. Tina, their hair and make up artist did such an amazing job as well. I can't help but rave about the great experience that we've had thus far - but seriously, if you're having a wedding in New York, even if its NOT in New York, I highly recommend them. They are so awesome and so easy to work with, I can't say enough good things about them. Did I mention that they have some pretty sweet packages as well?

I'll probably write a more thorough review after the wedding, but I seriously cannot express how happy I am with them so far. I'm supposed to see the engagement photos in the next two weeks, so let's hope that they come out fantastic as well. I promise I'll try to post some teasers as soon as they are available.

But that's it for now. I just wanted to post an update and let you guys know that I'm still alive and well. I'll definitely try to be more active and write at least a couple times a week. Let me tell you, it's a tough schedule with the wedding rapidly approaching, but I'll do my best! So here's to 58 days until our big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment