Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hurry Up Spring!!

What a tease... it was beautiful in New York for the last couple days. Then, it was only 30 degrees outside this morning, not to mention windy as hell too! It's supposed to be Spring in a week and I already see snow in the forecast for the weekend and rain on Monday & Tuesday. This weather really sucks and Spring is not looking likely.

Anyway, I really wanted to brighten up the mood since I was feeling really springy earlier in the week. I didn't actually get the chance, but I did do a new manicure on Monday and forgot to share it with you. Let me just say, the studs were awesome but didn't last very long. I had to remove it in a couple days and was super sad about it too. The polish didn't chip, but the studs just did not stay in place. (You know, I'm a very hands on girl with cooking, cleaning and pampering the dogs!)

For reference, I used Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Peach of Cake, All Fired Up & Gilty Pleasure with gold studs from Fingrs Edge Heavy Metal. I plan on looking on EBay or Amazon for more studs to use for nail art. Pretty fun, right? I'm really loving the blood orange on my accented ring finger (All Fired Up) and the gold polish (Gilty Pleasure) is one of my all time favorites as well. This brand of nail polish goes on smooth, but the consistency is not the same throughout the line of colors. Some are more opaque whereas others are either too watery or too chunky.

The two orange toned polishes were actually a part of my haul from Rite Aid this past weekend. I wasn't having a good weekend and my bub took me to Rite Aid to shop beauty products and nail polishes! I know, BEST FIANCE EVER (does the happy dance!). I mean who gets excited going to Rite Aid? (Raises hand), I DO! (haha!)

Anyway, I don't shop Rite Aid often, but a lot of the times they do have really good prices and deals on all things beauty, makeup, skincare, etc. Just make sure you sign up for their rewards card and you really have nothing to lose since its free! The two polishes that I got were $7.49 each not including tax and the nail kit was only $4.99! I didn't end up spending a whole bunch since I'm not working at the moment and felt super guilty about buying things. Anyway, as you can see, I did enjoy using the kit and polishes too. I actually will have another manicure to show you next week in the same color combination, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment