Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Manicure Monday - Monday Blues

So they lied last week when they said that Spring was here. It snowed yesterday! At this rate, I keep telling people that I'll get snow on my birthday too (in May, haha!). Of course, you know I'm kidding right? Anyway, the studs that I ordered finally came in the mail and I just couldn't wait to try them out. I swear, looking at the bag, it didn't seem like I got 300 pcs. as advertised. BUT! After counting out 100 pcs, maybe I did after all! I swear small bags with tiny items in them, they totally play tricks on your eyes! (haha!)

What do you guys think? I personally feel like these studs are a tad too large to be using them on my fingers. Actually, they kept popping off and I had to keep replacing them to keep the look in tact. Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving the studs, but maybe I'll use them on my toes this Spring/Summer?

For a better idea, they were advertised at about 2mm each with a combination of silver and gold studs. I got them for $6.20 including shipping. Who knows, maybe I can use these to bling out my cellphone case as well. Not a bad idea, right? I'll let you guys know what I decide to do. Anyway, for your reference, I used Orly Sweet Peacock, Prevail Glitz and Glamour and a no name/brand black polish. The black polish came with my nail kit that I spoke about previously (here). It actually goes on really smooth and is super opaque, I love it! Although I didn't get my money's worth for the 20 or so studs that came with the kit, at least the polish can be put to good use!

In the meantime, I'll be brainstorming more ideas for nail art as I did receive more crystals and studs in the mail (woohoo!). I also got this awesome nail rack to organize all of my polishes as well. Only problem? I still have more sitting in a separate container waiting to be organized as well. Seriously, first world problems you guys (haha!). I really need to stop hoarding and buying these polishes (says no one ever!). Hope you guys enjoyed this post, check us out next week for another Monday Manicure!

With much love from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment